No we don’t sell computers but we do help our clients find the right hardware for their needs and budget. So here are some of the key questions that we ask whenever we are asked “What computer should I buy?”
Questions to ask yourself:
- What is your budget?
- Is this for business or family use?
- Are you looking to use it as a media centre?
- Do you want a laptop or a desktop?
- Have you tried Windows 8 yet? What did you think? (you can still get Windows 7 which is usually our recommendation)
Once we have a better idea of how you will be using your computer and your budget we then make recommendations and actually do price research for you as a part of our set up and installation services. But if you would prefer to shop for yourself here are a few things to look for:
- Intel Processesors – I3 ,I5 or I7 series
- Windows 7
- Min 4 GB of RAM
- SATA 500 GB hard drive or if you can find a solid state hard drive at 250 GB (we just updated all of our computers to the solid state hard drives because they are faster)
- Screen size for laptops – smaller tend to be lighter
- HDMI port
- Four USB ports
- BlueTooth enabled.
We do a lot of purchasing with Canada Computers. We find their pricing is very competitive.
So if you are still asking “What computer should I buy?” The call us today and “Get The Skinny” at (416)-904-4873 or (705)-300-4350. We love your questions!